- Candidates who have their NAD id and paid original certificate fees of the university will be considered as eligible candidates for NAD award data upload
- At the first phase, the university has uploaded 399 (three hundred ninety-nine) eligible candidates’ award data to CVL NAD portal.
- Verification and uploading of pending award data of the passed out students, those who have not registered at the time of convocation or the registration was rejected due to mismatching with the records, will be in phase basis
National Academic Depository (NAD)
National Academic Depository (NAD) is a 24X7 online store house of all academic awards viz.certificates, diplomas, degrees, mark-sheets etc.dulydigitised and lodged by academic institutions / boards / eligibility assessment bodies. NAD not only ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award but also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
National Academic Depository comprises of two interoperable digital depositories viz. CDSL Ventures Limited (CVL) and NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML). These digital depositories have ensured hardware, network facilities and software of prescribed quality for smooth and secured operationalization of NAD.
Users of NAD
- Students and other academic award holders
- Academic Institutions/Boards/Eligibility assessment bodies
- Verifying Entities i.e. banks, employer companies (domestic & overseas), Government entities, academic institutions/boards/eligibility assessment bodies (domestic and overseas) etc.
For details please go through the following links:
Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) has started the process of digitalization of academic records with National Academic Depository (NAD),in accordance with the direction of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
To start with, for the year 2018-19, Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati, has started for uploading the academic awards with CDSL ventures limited (CVL) for uploading its academic awards.
In this process University has planned to upload/lodge the digitally signed Original Pass Certificates of students in two steps, in first step original certificates of passed out students will be uploaded and in second step existing students’ NAD registration process and certificate upload process will be initiated. Notification on the same will be issued in due course of time.
Digitally signed original certificate of graduates who will receive their original degrees in 1st Convocation and After, will be uploaded at https://cvl.nad.co.in. To get authenticated copies of Original Pass Certificates directly from the Government of India approved NAD portal, students need to complete the following steps:
Click here for detailed instruction of the depository, CVL NAD
Student Registration – Non-Aadhaar Based– Process Flow
(Please enter registration details as per the registration certificate of the university)
- Register yourself in the NAD portal through the following link:
https://cvl.nad.co.in/NAD/studentInit.action?activePage=regactstudentInits or visit CVL NAD website www.cvl.nad.co.in
- Click on ‘Sign-Up’ ’Student’.
- Select ‘Non-Aadhaar’radio button.
- Enter the required Student Registration fields.
- Select the check box to agree to the Terms & Conditions and click ‘Send OTP’
- Enter the OTP received via Email & SMS, and click ‘Validate OTP’.
- Upon successful validation, enter the Student Registration details.
- In ‘Other details’ section, enter your Academic Institution and Course details. You may enter up to 5 Academic Institutions (University).
- Click ‘Submit’
- A link to your CVL NAD profile will be emailed to you.
- Submit a print copy your CVL NAD profile (.pdf file) to your College/Institute to verify the Student Registration. (Passed out students need not to submit print copy either to College or to University.)
- Upon registration approval you will receive login credentials for your CVL NAD profile.
- On successfully verification of student profile, NAD ID will be generated and sent to the student’s email id.
- Once the digitally signed certificate will be linked to the NAD ID, students will be able access the same.
- If the student wants to apply for a job or admission for higher studies in an institution (national or foreign), the digitally signed Original Pass Certificate need to be downloadedfrom the concerned NAD portal, and have to provide to the employer/admitting institution along with the following information for instant verification of digitally signed academic award:
- i) e-mail id which the student provided while registering in the NAD
- ii)NAD id of the student
Note: If any employer requests for a verification of your certificate record, NAD will notify the students by sending an email / SMS on your registered details.
CVL NAD Website: www.cvl.nad.co.in
CVL NAD Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVL NAD Helpdesk contact numbers: +91 22-23058760/61
1)No need to submit the Hard Copy (Pdf file received from CVL NAD) to the University.
Dr. Indranil Chanda
Nodal Officer, NAD
Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati
Email : email@example.com